Skip to content

The Different Types of Car Rego in NSW

Here at Rego’s & More, one of our specialities is car registration services. Over the years, we have become experts in NSW car rego and the different types of ‘slips’ required. To help you better understand the different car rego requirements, we’ve put together a helpful guide below.

Green slip, pink slip & blue slip: what do they all mean?

CTP Green Slip
All drivers registering their vehicles in NSW will require Compulsory Third Party (CTP) Green Slip Insurance. This mandatory insurance is a legal requirement—it provides cover for individuals who are injured in the event your vehicle is involved in an accident.

E-Safety Check (Pink Slip)
A Pink Slip is a safety inspection report that verifies a vehicle is safe to be on the road. In NSW, a Pink Slip is required for most light vehicles which are older than five years. You obtain a Pink Slip by visiting a mechanic who will inspect the vehicle—if the vehicle passes the test, the mechanic will send an electronic copy to Transport for NSW.

Blue Slip
An Authorised Unregistered Vehicle Inspection report (more commonly referred to as a Blue Slip) is provided to verify that an unregistered vehicle in NSW is safe and meets all relevant standards. There are many reasons a Blue Slip may be required, some of the most common examples include:

⦁ When a vehicle has been left unregistered for more than 3 months
⦁ When a vehicle has been registered in another state
⦁ When a vehicle has been previously written-off but has since been approved for registration

Registering your vehicle in NSW

Registering your vehicle doesn’t have to be a stressful process. By visiting a reliable mechanic, like the team here at Rego’s & More, you can drive away registered that very same day. If you require assistance with any type of car rego in NSW, be sure to get in touch with the team of experts at Rego’s & More in Richmond or Windsor. Make a booking over the phone or drop in and visit one of our workshops today.

Scroll To Top